Perhaps it is the release of the latest Bond Movie, Quantum of Solace , or perhaps it is the backlog of Bond Movies on my DVR, but I feel compelled to write about a few of my favorite bond girls. I'm starting, of course, at the beginning with the first, and definitive Bond Girl, Honey Ryder played by Ursula Andress. This is the woman that started it all in 1962 with Dr. No. In terms of fashion takeaways, there isn't much, becuase lets face it, she never wears much.in the movie. She didn't need to, that white bikini is the swimsuit that launched a thousand trends. Here are a few stylish tips from Miss Honey Ryder herself:
- Thick lashings of waterproof mascara and a bit of black eyeliner are essential when swimming.
- A man's dress shirt, white, wet and transparent is beyond-beyond sexy
- Bed head never goes out of style
- Never go anywhere without a knife
- Hell hath no furry like a woman scorned..."I put a black widow spider underneath his mosquito net... a female, they're the worst. It took him a whole week to die."
- A nude lip is as timeless as a nude body
- The ability to speak English isn't essential to star in a major English language motion picture, that is what dubbing is for