Image from easyart.it
27 November 2008
Image from easyart.it
26 November 2008
All images from jdavidmckenney.com
25 November 2008
You see, I'm actually shaped like Joan, well perhaps like Joan and then a little something. At any rate while many new fashions are inspired by Joan, very few of them would actually fit Joan. This is supported by the fact that designers never send Christina Hendricks fancy dresses for events and premieres becuase she is not tiny enough to fit their runway designs. I was somewhat inspired when I followed the links Ashe Mischief shared for stealing Joan's style and found plus sized options...sadly these will probably still have the problem of proportion. I, and many girls with a similar shape, will still have the problem of pencil skirts that fit at the waist but are too tight through the hips, and dress shirts that don't fit my chest *le sigh* I guess in some ways its a good problem to have....but only if like Christina, you like to walk around naked on the weekends, otherwise you either end up looking like an over stuffed sausage or a frump wearing a sack.
Image from AM New York
24 November 2008
- The Big Piece of Cake hates this chair
- Flutterbyblue shares Justin Timberlake in a Leotard
- Sophia Charming has a very frustrating experience installing a West Elm Pendant Lamp
- The Charming Dandy advises guys on a few gift card GoTos for the ladies in their lives
- Chic and Green loves this Organic Baby travel bib set
- Boston Betty partied like a rock star Radius's 10th Birthday Bash
POST SCRIPT: We figured it out. You need an incredibly small flat head screwdriver to remove the cheap and fragile white plastic screw from the tubular piece that screws into the canopy (the unlabeled piece below F and above G on the instructions). If you find my instructions via Google, our little white plastic screw is cracked from all of our attempts to remove it, hopefully yours will fare better.
20 November 2008
19 November 2008
18 November 2008
Image by markoturso via FlickrHello Darlings,
I'm considering redoing Chic and Charming...perhaps even taking the plunge and migrating to word press. Is there anything that you would like to see on Chic and Charming? Anything that you would be totally depressed about if I removed it? Let me know!
17 November 2008
- The Big Piece of Cake shares a guest post from herself at age nine.
- The Charming Dandy writes the most extensive "of the month" gift guide EVER
- Boston Betty is starstruck by Boston Chefs
- Kicking couture girl shares her favourite an up and coming model
- Chic and Charming shares a new favorite artist
- Chic and Green is loving some steampunk earrings
- Flutterbyblue brings us some fantasy fashion
Based on the pictures, I think the upcoming Hayden-Harnett collection for Target is going to be the best one yet. I am personally obsessed with this umbrella and their cloth totes. I've given up hope already on the "leather" bags...nothing makes me sadder than faux leather.
Image from Racked
Labels: chic and stylish
16 November 2008
Artwork from http://mimi-na.deviantart.com/
13 November 2008
There are too many fabulous milners on etsy to choose a favorite! I've selected some incredible hats, which I would just ADORE to find under my tree this Christmas. The first, the headband with the curly feathers is Gillespie by Feather Brain. The fabulous little piece with the red leather rose is Noelle by Vie Moderne.
The last two little hats that I'm loving are both by House of Telsa. They are oh so romantic, but I think I like the pink just a bit better!
12 November 2008
10 November 2008
- "Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful."
- "Sex appeal is 50 per cent what you're got and 50 per cent what people think you're got."
- "If you haven't cried, your eyes can't be beautiful."
- "The two big advantages I had at birth were to have been born wise and have been born in poverty."
- "Everything you see I owe to spaghetti."
- "A woman's dress should be like a barbed-wire fence: serving its purpose without obstructing the view."
- "For me, it is good to be vulnerable. It makes me nice…weak sometimes, but in a good way, not a tragic way."
- "Being beautiful can never hurt, but you have to have more. You have to sparkle, you have to be fun, you have to make your brain work if you have one."
- "You give but little when you give of your possessions.
It is when you give of yourself that you truly give."
- "It is well to give when asked but it is better to give unasked, through understanding."
09 November 2008
There are so many fabulous things to buy! The Holiday Collections are out, so you have plenty of ways to put this discount to good use!
- Stila Step Out And Shine - Color Collection And Clutch
- Benefit Primpcess - Glamorous Eye Primping Kit
- Stila Purrfect Eyes - The Talking Palette
- Sephora Perfect Ten Brush Set
- Stila Blockbuster Set
- Shiseido White Lucent Brighten Up Kit
- Bare Escentuals Extreme Glimmers Kit
- Stila Paint Your Pout Red
- Smashbox's Blockbuster Kit
- Bare Escentuals Nine Alluring Eye Colors
- POP Hello Gorgeous
08 November 2008
Image from Domino
07 November 2008
My favorite part of the movie A Good Woman is when Mrs. Erlynne talks Robert Windemere into purchasing a gorgeous antique fan for his wife for her birthday. She goes through the highlights of the Victorian fan language, and is so charming that she makes everyone want to go out and purchase a fan. Unfortunately, as it turns out, there is very little evidence that anyone in the Victorian period actually used the fan language. Honestly, I still kind of love the idea. The rules seem to vary slightly. Here is one example. My favorite symbols are the ones that seem intuitive. Hiding coyly behind a fluttering fan to mean "we are being watched," uplifting your face and pointing to your lips with your fan "you may kiss me." These signs are most like body language, and would not require gentlemen to learn some complex language.
Image sources on flickr
06 November 2008
Chic and Charming previews Nordstrom Half Yearly Sale
Flutterbyblue share a hilarious Obama/McCain Dance off
Lollie Shopping advises on how to stay fashionable during a recession
Broke and Beautiful writes about dreamy personal style, with beautiful pictures
A[tipp]ical Thoughts by Tipp experiments with vblogs
The Glamazon Diaries writes a post about champagne for the Examiner
Inspire Me shares the Rubitone
The Love List has featured Gwyneth's Living Room as a Room du Jour
DC is my Manhattan shares my love of the Gilmore Girls
Parlez vous Moo discusses what the US Election means in Kenya
Marianne in Paris is now a private blog :(
Life in Pink shares some pink electronics
Luxual shares some to die for boots
You are flawed if you are not free amuses us with a story of stolen panties
What Liz Said writes about SATC
Livin' Golden gives ideas for things do to on a crummy day
Tomorrow is another day ponders a promotion
The Modern Gal writes about eating healthy and being Frugal
Your Style Star Presents Perfect Party Dresses
Half Deserted Streets presents a Halloween Bachelorette party
Relentlessly Reading shares pictures of a small flood in her town
Coming up Short answers personal questions on the Sunday Survey
Carrie Lea shares her everyday makeup
SoMi || learning :: exposing :: sharing is organizing an intriguing project, "blog secret"
Twenty Something and Clueless has moved!
New Mommy Rant uses the flylady system to get organized